Author Topic: Hello  (Read 120 times)

LaneyWood

• View Profile
Hello
« on: January 22, 2018, 05:20:21 PM »
Hello
I have been searching for some support for a long time!
Having an ET can be a very isolating experience. I have lost a lot of confidence, especially if I am out somewhere.
I was diagnosed with an ET four years ago, but have had it a lot longer than that.
I am in my sixties and i live alone.
The frustrations I feel can be quite overwhelming sometimes.
Anyone got any suggestions as to things that might help with everyday living, like , for example , how to transfer instant coffee/hot chocolate from the jar to a mug without spilling it everywhere?

benjamin bulwell

• View Profile
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 07:14:25 PM »
Hello Laney..........new to this forum my name is Benjamin,your problems sound very much the same as mine, i'm 72 and think ive had ET for about 20 years.......early days it just seemed very slight ie when holding a piece of paper to read and did'nt think much about it,but about ten years ago it started to affect my writing a little bit,i'm left handed.
               Got worse for about another 5 years before i saw the Doc about it,who diagnosed ET...its now got to the stage where i really can't write with my strong hand so have trained myself recently to use my right hand for writing and shaving,does'nt feel natural but i'm ok with it......I still work and need to write in front of other people,again i'm ok with it but a bit slower.
            Coffee from jar to cup impossible so i use the other way round but have to make a concius (sp) effort to do this,eating out can be a little embarrassing ,but i just make a joke of it.
              Was in a wetherspoons the other day and without thinking carried a coffee in each hand from the Bar did'nt reach the table before ET kicked in,Coffee everywhere...people just stared,but passed it off with a Jack Douglas impression (if you remember him?) so all i'm saying is its a nuisance and i try and overcome it with humour......