Author Topic: Hi Everyone  (Read 41 times)

Peter A

• View Profile
Hi Everyone
« on: April 11, 2018, 03:01:22 PM »
Hi everyone,

My name is Pete, I'm 45 years young have a very strange sense of humor (Coping mechanism) and I've had this damned tremor for as long as I can remember. I was the butt of jokes at school/work and had so imaginatively been given the nickname of shaky (original right). Until recently my ET has predominantly been confined to my hands and has been in general manageable. through my late teens/early 20's I was tired of trying to explain or constantly hide my hands when I found out that alcohol actually stopped it, I don't know about others but I found that when the alcohol wore off my hands were worse than ever so found it easier to constantly drink. This wasn't going to work long term and after meeting my wife decided that was not the option and have not drunk since 1996. I am sure that we all have triggers that make it worse but i have always tried to stay away from medication. This seems to be less of an option now though!

By biggest concern is my son, now this may sound like I've stolen this line from Star Wars with a few modifications but that's fine because that means that I'm Luke Skywalker  ;D. This does sound better if you imagine the voice of Mark Hamill, "My Grand Father had it, I have it and you my son have it also".

On a serious not not my son is 14 and is worse until recently has been worse that I have ever experienced. He has hand tremors and since the age of 6 or 7 has often spoken about everything in his body shaking, this isn't a constant but was enough to take him out of action for at least 24hrs. As such he ha had medication for half of his life but only takes it when he really needs to.

I'm really keen to see how others cope/manage with ET and look forward to some good discussions.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 08:33:42 PM by Peter A »