Author Topic: Essential Tremor  (Read 1077 times)

Bingo23

• View Profile
Essential Tremor
« on: June 27, 2017, 04:07:22 PM »
Hello - my name is Mike and I have had an Essential Tremor, mainly in my left arm, for approximately five to six years.

Jackie

• View Profile
Re: Essential Tremor
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 01:57:49 PM »
Hi i'm Jackie Farrell, retired dance teacher. Diagnosed with ET 1974 in right hand. Since then its progressed over time to both hands, head, jaw, lips and legs.
Nice to meet you all on this forum.
  :)

alex.stone5

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 02:54:17 PM »
Hi My name is Alex and I have had tremors in both my hands for as long as I can remember and it's spread to my voice and my left leg in the last few years. It never bothered me until I started in my new job in a chemistry lab where I handle dangerous chemicals and my tremors make it really difficult for me. Looking at different treatments at the moment but any advice is appreciated :)

Jackie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2017, 03:14:09 PM »
Hi Alex and welcome to the online forum  :)

Kitty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2017, 02:40:34 PM »
Hi,

I am Kitty and I am a Trustee for the NTF.  My son was diagnosed with ET when he was 5 years old.  Life is quite often a battle to get people to understand ET and recognise the impact it can have on day to day living and education.

As a result I am now the Children Liaison Officer for NTF and aim to raise the profile of children with ET and in turn this with raise the profile of ET in adults.

If I can help in any way please feel free to give me a shout.

Take care

Kitty

Jackie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2017, 05:53:46 PM »
Hi Kitty,
I'm taking part in a live radio interview next Tuesday for BBC radio Solent. Talking about ET and how it affects people. One of the areas I will be mentioning is that this disorder affects children as well as adults.,I'll also be giving NTF details. Jackie (London & South East Support Group) xx
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 06:27:10 PM by Jackie »

Kitty

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2017, 07:48:59 PM »
Better late than never Jackie! Presumably by now you have hit the big time with your interview!  Sorry it has taken a while to respond.  Keep up the great work.

Take care
Kitty xx

Jackie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2017, 08:46:55 PM »
Hi Kitty,

Yes, things have moved on since then as BBC Radio Solent invited me to their studios last Thursday for 3 live radio interviews! one was as a guest on Sasha Twinings lunchtime show for an hour. She has a clinic.

The shows were basically to promote the big meeting i'd arranged in Southampton last Sunday but also to chat about ET in general. I made sure that ET in children was prominent.

xxxxx